This foundation-building course focuses on the tools and skills that are needed at the base of any spiritual practice including, but not limited to shamanic study. This year is for your own experience, building stability and maintaining healthy borders. It is also a chance to clarify your way and to learn how to build and maintain lifelong spiritual connections and practices. Our intention is to give you the best possible foundation for your future personal and spiritual growth.
During the year we will learn and practice skills that are required to undertake a spiritual training or path. These skills are becoming less and less common in our fast-paced, information and technology-centered lives. You will learn practices for becoming quiet, for grounding, reflection, discernment and integration. You will also learn about using good judgment, ethical practice and staying safe in the work.
One-to-one counseling is offered between meetings to help you remain focused and to resolve questions and topics that emerge during the classes and practices.
The course can be taken as a stand-alone for learning the basics of spiritual practice or as a foundation course for any further spiritual or shamanic training including our Yearlong in Experiential Shamanism.
Why study with us?
- We offer a grounded, practical and experience-based approach.
- We have focused working groups with typically 4 – 6 people per class.
- We offer a personalized learning environment with time for questions, critical thinking, reflection, feedback and integration.
- Safety: we provide an ethically grounded and drug-free working environment
- Experience: our Yearlong in Experiential Shamanism began in January 1993 and our five-year Certified Shamanic Practitioner® in 1999. Since then, we have graduated 21 one-year classes, 8 four-year classes as well as certifying over 20 professional practitioners trained in guiding and facilitating people on their path of growth and healing.
- We have a fantastic international community of graduates who continue to support each other long after graduation.
- Class supplies
- Tea pauses
- 4 individual counseling/feedback hours
- Completion Certificate
- FoxFire Library: Books & DVDs (English/German)
- Wi-Fi access at school
- Classes are taught in English with German translation available. Class handouts are available in English and German
1400,- or 125,- for 12 rates
Next step: Contact us for an informal phone or in person pre-interview.