FoxFire Institute is a Shamanic-based School and Spiritual Community
Founded in 1988.
Our school offers programs in:
- Cross-cultural Experiential Shamanism
- Enneagram Studies
- Native American Medicine
- Integrative Medicine
- Spiritual Crisis and Emergence
- Professionalism, Ethics and Safety
- Mythology and Storytelling
- Continuing Education for Shamanic Practitioners
We also offer a professional qualification as a Certified Shamanic Practitioner® after completing a five-year training based on the subjects above.
As a community, we are people trying to live in a spiritual way in a modern world. We have created an environment where people that feel called to be of service can learn, heal and grow personally as well as professionally. Shamanism informs and guides the work that we do in our respective fields. We work as artists, teachers, in medicine, design and business.
Applications for the next Yearlong classes are now open. The starting dates are:
- Fall 2014 – begins 13 November 2014
- Spring 2015 – begins 16 April 2015
Why study with us?
- We offer a grounded, practical and experience-based approach.
- We have small working groups with typically 4 – 6 people per class.
- We offer a personalized learning environment with time for questions and integration.
- Experience: our Program in Experiential Shamanism began in January 1993. Since then, we have graduated 17 one-year classes and 8 four-year classes.
- We have a fantastic international community of graduates who continue to support each other long after graduation.
Please contact us for an application or interview.
The 2014 class and community calendars are now posted. We have the dates for the next three Yearlong classes organized and will be beginning a new two-year professional training for working with “Spiritual Crisis and Spiritual Openings” in the Fall 2014. More to come in the next week!
I would like to take a moment to welcome you to our 25th Anniversary year! This year is dedicated to reflection and celebration of the wonderful and challenging work that we have done together. There are special events planned, a few parties and even a surprise or two in the works. I hope you will join us, either in person or online to check-in, reconnect or discover our community. Here’s wishing you a great year ahead!
S. Alexander Alich – School Director